What is Python?
Python is a snake and also a name to a computer language which was implemented by Guido van Rossum.
So python is not only a snake anymore it is also a programming language that most of the developers fell in love with it once started using it.
Official documentations says
Python is an easy to learn, powerful programming language. It has efficient high-level data structures and a simple but effective approach to object-oriented programming. Python's elegant syntax and dynamic typing, together with its interpreted nature, make it an ideal language for scripting and rapid application development in many areas on most platforms.
Why Python is that much popular, here are some points.
- Python is a simple and reading python programs almost feel like English statements.
- Its a High level language so that no need to take care of managing memory, resources etc.
- Portability this is the main advantage. You can use python on GNU/Linux, Windows, Macintosh, Solaris, OS/2 etc.
- Python is absolutely free and open source. All available python modules are open source which empower your code.
- Python is both procedure-oriented and as well Object-Oriented language and is very powerful of doing OOP.
- If you want to learn code in python from the day 1 st you will be able to code. Learning python is that much easy.
Python can be used in most of the real time situations to develop, automate the processes/services.
Now a days Python is used in upcoming technologies like Machine Learning, Data Science and many more.
Python can be used to develop applications, websites, automation scripts etc.
Google itself uses Python for its most of internal application.
Now a days most of the companies are looking for candidates who can code in Python.
You can find this article to know How Python can be used in Devops